We work to advance skill development and employment progression by further deepening and amplifying the integration of sector strategies and career pathway development and deployment. Specifically, we facilitate the creation and sustainability of industry sector partnerships to address skills gaps and longer term talent development needs in service of robust and transparent career pathways for workers and students. We do this work through four avenues:
1) Supporting sector partnerships in undertaking career pathway alignment or integration efforts by:
- Supporting the alignment of credentials to industry needs.
- Helping sector partnerships understand career pathway efforts, including assessing their own capacity and readiness to align or integrate with career pathway efforts.
2) Supporting career pathway efforts in deepening their engagement with industry by:
- Applying the principles of employer engagement within sector strategies to career pathway efforts.
- Deepening their ability to integrate their efforts into wider talent and workforce development agendas.
3) Continuing to build the adoption of sector strategies and career pathways within workforce, economic, and post-secondary educational fields.
- Helping intermediaries and other stakeholders to identify and understand sector strategies, including assessing their own capacity and readiness to implement this approach.
- Supporting local, regional or statewide implementation of sector strategies through direct coaching, targeted research, fostering policy supports, and building networks of practitioners.
4) We have a particular focus on defining and documenting the return on investment for employer engagement in both career pathways and sector strategies. We do this by:
- Identifying critical principles, consistent definitions and effective approaches to employer engagement within these two areas.
- Connecting employer engagement principles and practices to the broader lifecycle of sector partnerships and their long term sustainability, for which ROI is a key output.
- Developing key research and thought leadership materials to document the specific potential for returns on investment while broadly making the case for more effective employer engagement.